November 2009 Media
release: November 16, 2009 Media Contact: Christopher Falkenhagen
Communications: (410) 260-4511
What: Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Meeting Agenda
Student Advisory Council Report
Finance Policy Committee
• FY 2011 Consolidated Operating Budget Recommendations
• FY 2011 Consolidated Capital Budget Recommendations
• Report on the Auditing of Community College Enrollments
• Report on The University System of Maryland at Hagerstown
• MDgo4it.org Project
• Maryland College Aid Processing System (MD CAPS)
Education Policy Committee
• 2009 Fall Opening Enrollment
Information Reports Distributed to the Commission
• Report on Programs Reviewed from August 1-October 31, 2009
• Report on Private Career Schools: Approval Action from August 22-October 31,
Who: Secretary of Higher Education James E. Lyons, Sr., Commission Chairman
Kevin M. O’Keefe, Commission members and MHEC staff
When: 1 p.m., Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Where: 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400, Annapolis, MD.
The meeting will be held in the Commission’s main conference room.
The full agenda will be available at the meeting. An electronic version of the
agenda will be available on MHEC’s website at
Notice on ADA Compliance
The State of Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission is committed
to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in
and benefit from the Commission’s public meetings, programs, and services.
Anyone planning to attend a meeting of the Commission who wishes to receive
auxiliary aids, services, or accommodations should contact Pat Bracey at (410)
260-4516 or Maryland Relay (1-800-201-7165). Maryland residents (7-1-1).
The Maryland Higher Education Commission is a 12-member coordinating board
responsible for establishing statewide policies for Maryland public and
independent colleges and universities and private career schools. It serves as
an advocate for more than 337,000 college students in Maryland, for the State
and its needs, and for business and industry in Maryland.