May 2010 Press
release: May 7, 2010
Media Contact: Kristen Neville
Communications: (410) 260-4512
What: Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Finance Policy Committee
Items to be discussed include:
• FY 2011 Operating and Capital Budget Overview
• Student Financial Assistance Program Guideline Revisions
• FY 2011 Educational Excellence Award Update
• Maryland College Aid Processing System (MD CAPS) Update
• FY 2012 Capital Budget Priorities – Public Four-Year Colleges and Universities
• FY 2012 Capital Budget Priorities – Community Colleges
• FY 2012 Community College Construction Grant Program State and Local
• Report of the Maryland P-20 College Success Task Force
Who: Higher Education Secretary James E. Lyons, Sr., Finance Policy Committee
Chairman Paul L. Saval, Finance Policy committee members.
When: 1:30 p.m., Thursday, May 13, 2009
Where: 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400, Annapolis, MD.
The meeting will be held in the Commission’s main conference room.
The full agenda will be available at the meeting. An electronic version of the
agenda will be available on MHEC’s website at
Notice on ADA Compliance
The State of Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission is committed
to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in
and benefit from the Commission’s public meetings, programs, and services.
Anyone planning to attend a meeting of the Commission who wishes to receive
auxiliary aids, services, or accommodations should contact Evangeline Redding at
(410) 260-4539 Maryland Relay (1-800-201-7165).
The Maryland Higher Education Commission is a 12-member coordinating board
responsible for establishing statewide policies for Maryland public and
independent colleges and universities and private career schools. It serves as
an advocate for more than 350,000 college students in Maryland, for the State
and its needs, and for business and industry in Maryland.