May 2010 Press
release: May 7, 2010
Media Contact: Kristen Neville
Communications: (410) 260-4512
What: Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Education Policy Committee
Items to be discussed include:
• Report of the P-20 College Success Task Force
• Final Adoption of the New Post Master's Certificate
• Progress Report on the Academic Program Regulation Review Task Force
• Distance Education at Maryland Colleges and Universities – 2008
• Report on Programs Reviewed from January 1, 2010 to April 30, 2010
• Report on Private Career Schools: Approval Actions from February 28, 2010 to
April 30, 2010
Who: Higher Education Secretary James E. Lyons, Sr., Education Policy Committee
Chair Joann A. Boughman, Education Policy Committee members, Assistant Secretary
for Planning and Academic Affairs Dr. George W. Reid, MHEC staff.
When: 10 a.m., May 12, 2010
Where: MHEC Commission Meeting Room; 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400; Annapolis, MD
The full agenda will be available at the meeting. An electronic version of the
agenda will be available on MHEC’s website at
Notice on ADA Compliance
The State of Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission is committed
to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in
and benefit from the Commission’s public meetings, programs, and services.
Anyone planning to attend a meeting of the Commission who wishes to receive
auxiliary aids, services, or accommodations should contact Ann Walker at (410)
260-4530 or Maryland Relay (1-800-201-7165).
The Maryland Higher Education Commission is a 12-member coordinating board
responsible for establishing statewide policies for Maryland public and
independent colleges and universities and private career schools. It serves as
an advocate for more than 350,000 college students in Maryland, for the State
and its needs, and for business and industry in Maryland.