March 2010 Media
release: March 10, 2010 Media Contact: Christopher Falkenhagen
Communications: (410) 260-4511
What: Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Education Policy Committee
Items to be discussed include:
• Process to Evaluate Mission Statements
• Maryland Higher Education Commission's Interface Internationally
• Evaluation of the 2009 Maryland State Plan for Postsecondary Education
• Update on Legislation for the Development of a P-20/Workforce Longitudinal
• Associate of Art in Teaching
• Follow-Up Survey of 2007-2008 Maryland Community College Graduates
• Report on Private Career Schools: Approval Actions from January 1-February 28,
Who: Higher Education Secretary James E. Lyons, Sr., Education Policy Committee
Chair Joann A. Boughman, Education Policy Committee, Assistant Secretary for
Planning and Academic Affairs Dr. George W. Reid, MHEC staff.
When: 10 a.m., Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Where: MHEC Commission Meeting Room; 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400; Annapolis, MD
The full agenda will be available at the meeting. An electronic version of the
agenda will be available on MHEC’s website at
Notice on ADA Compliance
The State of Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission is committed
to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in
and benefit from the Commission’s public meetings, programs, and services.
Anyone planning to attend a meeting of the Commission who wishes to receive
auxiliary aids, services, or accommodations should contact Ann Walker at (410)
260-4530 or Maryland Relay (1-800-201-7165).
The Maryland Higher Education Commission is a 12-member coordinating board
responsible for establishing statewide policies for Maryland public and
independent colleges and universities and private career schools. It serves as
an advocate for more than 350,000 college students in Maryland, for the State
and its needs, and for business and industry in Maryland.