Blades School for Hair
Design Green Initiatives
1. Energy efficient light
2. We purchased a mannequin dryer which dries the mannequin
much more efficiently than a traditional hairdryer.
3. Instead of each student getting a number of mannequin
heads, the student now gets one mannequin head and a number
of sheaths that go over it. The sheaths have hair and faces
- - they work as well as a mannequin. Ergo, we're sending a
lot less mannequins to the dump. We have always tried to
find ways to recycle those mannequins over the years. Every
Halloween, we have many requests from folks that want to
have some for Halloween costumes, practical jokes or
decorations. We have also sent many mannequin heads to
Quantico where they have been used for sniper practice.
(Snipers have to learn how to hit the top of the spine from
4. Our new washer and dryer (that run almost constantly) are
much more efficient than our previous ones.
5. We now buy our cleaner in condensed form. We mix it in a
spray bottle (or whatever) and keep endlessly recycling
these spray bottles.