• BIC’s building services staff turns off lights during
• BIC staff and faculty are encouraged to turn off computers,
lights, and other office equipment when not in use.
• Installation of energy-efficient light fixtures.
• Students and staff are encouraged to walk, use public
transportation, or BIC’s shuttle bus service for commuting
between campus locations.
• BIC prefers to purchase environmentally friendly products by
giving them first consideration.
• Faculty and staff provide their own reusable water containers,
coffee mugs silverware, and plates.
• Paper recycling bins are conveniently located throughout the
• BIC recycles cooking grease in all culinary laboratories and
at the Bay Atlantic Club.
• Continually explore ways to increase the efficiency of energy
• Install eco-friendly features including energy-efficient light
fixtures and occupancy sensors in future BIC building
Back to List of Higher