Higher Education in Maryland

> About
> Commission Members
> Colleges & Universities
> Institutional Grants
> Job Openings
> OCR Plan
> Planning and Academic Affairs
> Academic Approval Process
> New Programs Under Review
> Academic Programs
> Distance Education
> Advisory Councils
> Academic Common Market
> Statistical Information
> Student Guide to Transfer
> Veterans Benefits
> Base Realignment & Closure (BRAC)
>Other Higher Ed Links

Financial Aid
Career and Workforce Education
Press Room
Higher Education Accomplishments
Preparing for College
Online Services
For Students and Parents
> Financial Aid Applications
> Education Opportunities
> Academic Common Market
> Career Training
> MD CAPS (Student Inquiry)
> Advisor Tools
> Student Outreach Kit
> Veterans Benefits
> "Money for College" Events
> Student Guide to Transfer
> Guia para estudiantes (pdf)
For Counselors
>   Planning & Academic Affairs
> Colleges & Universities
> Education Search
> Academic Approval Process
> Programs Under Review
> Research
> Statistical Information
> Institutional Grants
> MD Fire-Rescue Education
> Career Training
For Counselors
>   Who We Are
> Contact Us
> Meetings
> State Plan for Higher Ed
> Office for Civil Rights Report 
> Advisory Council
Interagency Initiatives 
Base Realignment & Closure
Higher Education in Maryland


Post 9/11 GI Bill & Other Veterans Educational Programs opens in new window
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Schoolopens in new window
College Navigator – Find the Right College for Youopens in new window
Applying for VA Educational Benefits opens in new window 
Student Handouts, Brochures, and Regulationsopens in new window
Yellow Ribbon Program opens in new window
Search for Approved Education opens in new window
Job Training Programs, Approved License & Certifications Programs and Approved National Exams
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)opens in new window


GI Bill Recipients -  Have feedback about your school?

Military and veteran students and their family members who are utilizing their education benefits can now submit feedback on negative experiences with educational institutions while using their education benefits at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/feedback.asp. Tuition Assistance (TA) or Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Scholarship recipients can submit feedback at: www.militaryonesource.mil/voluntary-education/complaint. Feedback by federal financial aid recipients can be sent to


The Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing and the Commissioner of Financial Regulation are dedicated to assisting recently discharged veterans and spouses of currently serving members of the United States Armed Forces, including active duty reservists and members of the National Guard obtain occupational and professional licenses in Maryland. For more details and contact information for Maryland's Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR)   click here.

Resources from the Department of Veterans Affairs

Educational and Vocational Counseling Servicesopens in new window

Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Programopens in new window
(Service-Connected Disabilities)

Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)opens in new window   (For more details)

G.I. Bill Licensing and Certification Test Cost Reimbursement

Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (PDF)opens in new window

State of Maryland

State of Maryland - Financial Assistance Programs & Applications

Veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq Conflicts Scholarship

Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program

Tuition Waiver for Maryland National Guard (PDF) opens in new window

Pat Tillman Foundation Scholarshipopens in new window

General Inquiries regarding Financial Aid 

General Inquiries regarding your Veterans Education Benefits - please email us at:

back to VA Benefits

Additional Resources for our Veterans within the State of Maryland
Veterans Dashboard of Maryland
Services for Veterans
Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs
Behavioral Health Services & Outreach Maryland's Commitment to Veterans
Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Workforce Development, Adult Learning, Occupational & Professional Licensing Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation (DLLR)
List of Local Veteran Employment Representatives (LVERs)
& Disabled Veterans' Outreach Program Representatives (DVOPs) 
Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
Hours of Operation:  Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM  |  Back to top  |  (PDF) Links require Adobe Acrobat Reader