Private Career School (PCS) Introduction
- Information for those interested in attending a private career school including:
- Search for approved private career schools and programs in Maryland.
- Selecting a Private Career School: A Consumer's Guide for Students.
- An overview of Private (Alternative) Student Loans (PDF) and downloadable Private Lending Brochure (PDF).
- Information for current students of private career schools including:
- How to resolve a student grievance.
- Information for students of closed private career schools including:
- How to obtain a student transcript from a closed school.
- List of closed Maryland schools for which the Maryland Higher Education Commission maintains at least some student records.
- Information on specific recently closed private career schools.
- Information about offering
job/career training in Maryland:
- How to determine if approval is required to offer your training in Maryland.
- How to apply for approval to open a private career school.
- Information, applications and forms for existing MHEC-approved private career schools:
- New programs, program modifications, changes of ownership or location, checklists, personnel forms, other business, financial guarantee forms, COMAR, PCS Policies and Procedures.
- The PCS Newsletter (published by MHEC and distributed via email to all approved private career schools).
- PCS Newsletter (PDF) August 17, 2012
- PCS Newsletter (PDF) October 2, 2012
- PCS Newsletter (PDF) February 15, 2013
- PCS Newsletter (PDF) August 15, 2013
- PCS Newsletter (PDF) September 1, 2014
- THE NEW 2016 ANNUAL REPORT DATA WEB SITE WILL GO LIVE JULY 1st. Access it through this link: https://pcsdata.mhec.maryland.gov/MHECPCSWEB/Login.aspx
NOTE: the "Notify MHEC" email link on the School Page is not working. Please send any notifications to email@example.com.
All schools must complete the 2016
Annual Report no later than October 1, 2016.